Friday, January 7, 2011

Psalm 23- A Reason to Stop Worrying

The Lord is My shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy
shall follow me
all the days of my life;
And I will dwell
in the house of the Lord
Forever.

This psalm is a common passage of scripture, but many times the power of this prayer escapes us.  As I contemplated this scripture I was taken by exactly what God does in my life.  The scripture begins with an acknowledgment of God being the shepherd of life and a confidence in knowing every need will be fulfilled.  There is never a reason for me to worry.  God will take care of me because I call Him Lord.  
I have waited for people to step in and save me when times were hard.  I did not know how I was going to manage on my own, and desperately wanted and waited for someone to take away my pain.  All I had to do was handle the situation to the best of my ability and not worry.  God was always working on my behalf and continues to meet my needs.  Every trouble I had, He brought me through.  

God makes me, He leads me, He restores me all for His name's sake.  That means God is not worried about how many times I mess up.  He acts on my behalf based on His name!  The name that is above all names!  I do not ever have to work to be good enough for God. 

God reassures me in this scripture.   He says even when I am in really bad places I do not have to be afraid.  He will always comfort me.  The other wonderful thing God does for me, He gives me wonderful blessings when my enemies are looking.  No matter how hard a person tries to hurt and harm me, God blesses me.  This lets them and me know who is really controlling my life.  I am continually blessed.  

Sometimes it seems that nothing but trouble follows me.  This is not true.  God says Goodness and mercy follow me all the days of my life.  It is okay to think about good things and anticipate them.  I will not be jinxed!  God says this is what follows me and I will dwell in His house FOREVER!  



photos via: newseed.wordpress.com, freerepublic.com via Google images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...