Sunday, January 23, 2011

Restoration- The Promise of a New Day!

Restoration is the feeling of sunshine after a long cold rain.  It is vindication after a harsh, wrongful punishment.  It is like running into the arms of a loved one after years of silent separation.  It is like water touching the dry dirt of parched flowers.  It is like the smell of a baby after a bath and the first kiss of true love.

I am thankful for many things in my life, but I am in need of some restoration.  God has blessed me in many ways.  He has done things for me I am sure I do not deserve.  But one thing I need is restoration.  I need to experience the decay of vindictive rumors and the rise of truth.  I need to experience the rewards of my hard work pulled from under my feet.  I need to know that God is near me and has not left me ashamed.

I believe in God with all of me, but sometimes prolonged circumstances tear into my Peace of mind.  It is during these times of trying that my soul longs for the cool refreshing of God's restoration.  It is during these times that the Psalms of David comfort me.  I look forward to God's restoration.

In the meantime I will embrace the process of my growth.  I will stretch the elasticity of my faith and move forward with hope and determination.  The dry days are only for a season.  I look forward to sweet restoration!
photo via: visualforces.com via Google images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...