Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Power of Correct Thinking- Start with Your Imagination

My spiritual journey has led me to analyze the power of my thinking.  This concept is not new to me, but the depths of this creative principle have become astoundingly real.  This has been an awaking for me through my spiritual purification.

I realized I still had a deep rooted victim mentality that rotted and poisoned my experiences and relationships.  I felt powerless in many work situations and gave my power over to people that wanted to do me harm.  I blamed others over and over again for treating me cruelly and making my life miserable.  But when I decided to let go of being a victim, I had to hold myself accountable for the bad things in my life as well.  This epiphany by no means excuses abusive people for acting inappropriately and sometimes illegally.  What it does is hold me accountable for allowing the behavior to continue.

People that have been abused or that have experienced trauma have their imaginations poisoned.  If these dark fears and bad expectations are not properly dealt with continuous abuse is likely to occur.  The bad outcomes and bad relationships stem from a continuous mental movie of negative expectations.  As humans we are led in the direction of our beliefs, and we think and imagine in the direction of our beliefs.

Have you ever been daydreaming about your future and find yourself feeling afraid?  This is what usually happens.  Let's use a fictional character named Ruth.  Ruth is a 36 year old female that dreams of getting a college degree, working as an administrator and owning her own business on the side.  Currently Ruth is a clerk at K-Mart and takes classes here and there.

Ruth is extremely intelligent but often finds herself in bad situations.  She has had abusive boyfriends, bad bosses, back stabbing friends and accumulating debt.  No matter how hard she fights she ends up with the short end of the stick and she believes she is a loser.  Each time she dreams of success she imagines obstacle after obstacle blocking her path.  She does not think she is worthy and allows others to push her around.  Ruth's life is not going to change until she believe in herself and her ability to succeed.  She definitely has everything it takes to accomplish her dreams, but lacks the faith in her own existence.  

Ruth's life will not change until she believes she deserves better.  Your life will not change until you decide you can really do and be better.  Sometimes it takes an extraordinary event to bring this change about or you can use the power of correct thinking. 

The most important thing I want to leave you with is your imagination.  You have the ability to create a success in your mind or a failure.  Which one do you really want?  You have the power to imagine beyond your obstacles and live out your dreams in reality.  Taking control of your mind and imagination is Empowering and can bring about real change. 
If you can not see this video, view it on the website using this link


photos via: faqs.org, topnews.ae via Google images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...