Monday, March 14, 2011

"Working on Monday"- Searching for a Job and Starting My Own Business

Well it has been just over 5 months since I have been unemployed.  I have put in applications and have interviewed with several employers.  I have not been hired yet and it is disappointing at times.  Last week after receiving this e-mail stating:

Dear Donna,

Thank you for your interest in Volunteer Bereavement Manager  with (company name deleted) Hospice Care. We have reviewed your resume and have carefully considered your qualifications. While your skills are certainly impressive, we have decided to pursue other candidates for the position.

We will maintain your profile and should a position open that matches your qualifications, we will contact you.  We also encourage you to periodically re-visit our website, (link removed) as new positions open daily.

Again, thank you for your interest in employment with us.

Regards,
Human Resources
(company name removed) Hospice Care

A friend referred me to this job and I was hopeful, but it did not work out.  I am of the mindset I do not want to be where I am not wanted.  It requires too much energy to maintain a position that is not lined up with my destiny. 

Even though I believe the above statement is true, it was upsetting not to be considered for the position.  I was supposed to have lunch that afternoon with a fellow chaplain and canceled.  I felt less than my best and emotionally unable to be good company.  I felt a greater drive to create my future and work on creating an income for my family.

My Other Project
I have been working on my own business.  This has been birthed out of the plan I created at the beginning of the "Working on Monday" series.  I am excited about this venture and I look forward to sharing more with you in the near future.  I have wanted to be an entrepreneur for a long time, I believe it fits my personality well! 

I am attempting to use my time to its fullest potential and this has been the fruit of my labor.  I will continue to search for employment and nurture my baby business.  

How have you been nurturing your career?
photos via: jobgoround.com, learndentalworkers.com via Google images  

1 comment:

  1. You're a brilliant girl, Donna. I do wish you keep us posted on your business, because I'm interested to see how far you can go (I'm sure very!) and perhaps take a few notes should I need those for my own business.

    small business philippines

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...