Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11- 10 Years Later

I feel such sadness remembering 9/11.  Even as I write this article my eyes are filled with tears. 

The days prior to this infamous anniversary, I debated if I would watch programs of the horrible footage.  I struggled with even allowing my mind to ponder the somber realities of death and shattered lives.

In the end I decided I must be true to myself and my country.  I am remembering 9/11 and it hurts like hell. 

I think I am crying more today, then I did 10 years ago.  10 years ago it seemed that the world just stopped.  The only thing I wanted was my daughter in my arms and to be in front of the television.  As the years have passed our country has and continues to rebuild itself.  I feel safer walking down the street, but I remember being frighted to open my mail or ofgoing into large public building.  Time has a strange way of soothing pain and erasing fear.

If you are remembering 9/11 today it is okay to cry.  It is okay to be angry and it is even okay to smile.  Take your energy and put into something positive.  Here are a few suggestions.
  1. Thank a soldier
  2. Donate your time or money to a 9/11 charity
  3. Call a friend and share your feelings
  4. Pray
  5. Get more involved with politics
  6. Write a letter to a soldier
  7. Thank God that America is still standing!
God Bless America!
photo via uncoverage.net via Google images

2 comments:

  1. It has been a long road for all affected by the tragic event of 9.11... The Memorials are beautiful and while we will never forget, we all continue on the path of faith...

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...