Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Thanksgiving and Peace of Choice!

I received several invitations for Thanksgiving dinner today.  It was nice to have people willing to open their homes and share the joy of breaking bread together.  I could have even cooked and had my small, but loving family over.  However this year I made a conscious choice to be at peace!

Some of the invitations I got were from loving families, but I did not know them very well.  I didn't want to put myself in the awkward position of being around strangers on the Thanksgiving.  I could have went to a relatives, but they are not close family.  There would have been moments of uneasiness along with along with forced smiles.

Cooking on the holidays can be stressful, especially when you make EVERYTHING from scratch!  Shopping and being in the kitchen all day was not an appealing option this year.  I love my family and I love to cook, but this year I am taking a time out.  I encouraged my family to make other plans this year and I know they are having a great time! 

This Thanksgiving 2011, I decided to hang out at home and be at peace.  I decided not to put myself in a position that would make me uncomfortable or stressed.  I decided to work on some projects, watch some good movies and nibble on some of my favorite foods.

I contentment I feel is oure serenity, joy and it makes me smile.  I stayed true to myself and I am glad about it!

I am thankful and Empowered because I know the power of choosing!

Here are some other reasons I am thankful!
  1. God and my Savior Jesus Christ!
  2. I have peace of mind!
  3. I have an amazing daughter!
  4. I have a dad that loves me!
  5. Empowered Peace readers!
  6. Knowledge!
  7. I have things, moments and people to be thankful for in my life!
  8. Occupy Wall Street raised awareness and Empowered people to stand!
  9. I own my feelings!
  10. Oprah's Life Class!
  11. The author's that share their words in great books!
  12. Facebook and Twitter!
  13. Healing!
  14. A better diet!
  15. My mom is no longer suffering!
These are just a few things in my life that cause me to be thankful.  Why are you thankful today?
photo via chasemor.wordpress.com via Google images

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you a belated Happy Thanksgiving! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...